The Open Postdoctoral Positions
University of Michigan and University of Chicago
The State Key Laboratory of Information Engineering in Surveying, Mapping and Remote Sensing of Wuhan University has several open positions for postdoctoral researchers and PhD students. Those recruited postdocs will be invited by the China Data Center of the University of Michigan or the Spatial Data Science Center of the University of Chicago for their postdoc research.
· Spatial Statistics and Modeling
· Spatial Intelligent Data Analysis
· Big Data Analytics
Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, GIS or other related disciplines.
Solid background in programming and statistics. Good verbal/written communication in English. Strong research interests in spatial statistics and modeling, spatial intelligent data analysis, big data analytics and their applications.
Wuhan University will offer competitive compensation packages.
· Two year term-limited position with a possibility of extension
· Preferred starting date is July. 1, 2017 (negotiable)
To apply, please email the following to cdc-Wuhan@umich.edu with the title of “The application for Wuhan-UM postdoc” + your name:
1. Cover letter stating the applicant’s career goals and interests in the position
2. Application form
3. CV with a recent photo
4. Sample papers
5. Research plan
6. Contact information for three references