The Training Workshop on “Spatial Data Analysis in Cyberspace”
East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai
Spatial Data Analysis in Cyberspace: Data, Methodology, Tools and Applications
Place: East China University of Science and Technology, 130 Meilong Rd, Shanghai, China
Date: June 23-25, 2012
· The Lab for Urban and Regional Analysis, East China University of Science and Technology
· The State Key Laboratory of Information Engineering In Surveying, Mapping And Remote Sensing, Wuhan University
· China Data Center, the University of Michigan
· Edward Chao, Data Numerica Institute, U.S.A.
· Xinyue Ye, Center for Regional Development, Bowling Green State University
· Shuming Bao, China Data Center, University of Michigan
· Yuming Wu, East China University of Science and Technology
This workshop is designed to introduce some new tools for spatial data analysis in cyberspace, which will include the spatial analytical tools such as GeoStat and StatGL developed by Data Numerica Institute, PySAL build on Python developed by GeoDa Center for Geospatial Analysis and Computation at Arizona State University, and Urban and Regional Explorer, a web based system for spatial data analysis offered by the Lab for Urban and Regional Analysis of the East China University of Science and Technology. The workshop will discuss the methodology, functions, and data available for web based spatial data analysis. Some case studies will be demonstrated for applications in spatial economy and population, environmental assessment, religious studies, and disease mappings. Researchers from government agencies, research institutes, and universities will find the workshop particularly relevant.
Topics (3 days)
R Packages, Longit, GeoStat and StatGL for Space and Time Data Analysis
Lecturer: Edward Chao
Python and PySAL for Space-Time Data Analysis
Lecturer: Xinyue Ye
Spatial Data Analysis with China Geo-Explorer
Lecturer: Shuming Bao
Lecturers: Yuming Wu
Registration Fee: 2,000 RMB (discount rate for students: 1,000 RMB)
Lodging: Detailed lodging information will be sent to those registered participants later. Participants are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses.